Agency funds are ideal for nonprofit organizations interested in a simple and effective way to build an endowment. You can focus on your core mission, while we provide the professional investment expertise and complex gift acceptance to help grow your endowment.
The Foundation holds the assets of a non-profit organization. Agency funds assist in creating long-term financial sustainability for the non-profit through gift planning and endowment building.
Features of agency funds:
- Custodial funds – offer organizations flexibility as you cultivate your donors
- Invested in the Foundation’s investment pool
- Distributions can be made to fit within your budget cycle and board decisions
Reasons to have an agency fund at Atlanta Jewish Foundation:
- Gatekeeper – The foundation ensures that endowment-type funds function as true endowments.
- Complex gift acceptance – A non-cash gift, such as a piece of property, can be a welcome contribution for a nonprofit organization. But a small nonprofit organization might not be equipped to accept such a gift. We can help.
- Protection – of your restricted funds to ensure the funds are there when your organization needs them
- Back-End support – We handle the paperwork, record-keeping, and back-end. Including quarterly reports to keep you knowledgeable about your fund