How it works:
- Start with completing a donor-advised fund agreement and a contribution of $2,500 or more in cash or other assets.
- Manage and see your fund’s value online, in real time.
- When you wish to give to a cause, simply recommend grants of $100 or more.
- You can contribute to your fund at any time.
- All contributions to your fund are tax-deductible, and tax receipts are available immediately.
Reasons to Open A Donor-Advised Fund:
- All of your giving, all in one place
- Unlimited number of grants
- For no additional charge, you can donate $100 or more to any charity
- A great way to engage the whole family
- Since there is no limit to giving, a donor-advised fund (DAF) is an easy way to involve the next generation in giving.
- A DAF can also be the first step toward building your permanent legacy.
- Maximized tax benefits
- Since you give when you want to give rather than when a charity asks, you can manage giving to receive an immediate fair-market-value tax deduction.
- Excellent service
- 24/7 online access, modest cost, and personalized service make a DAF a simple and fulfilling way to be philanthropic.