It has been said that our future is in the hands of our youth. And one of the best ways to prepare Jewish youth for lifelong tzedakah is to set up a Young Philanthropist Fund.
Enable our next generation’s charitable giving
A Young Philanthropist Fund is a donor-advised fund for anyone who is 30 or younger. An account can be created at any time, and it’s an excellent way to mark a young person’s life event such as a graduation, birthday, or bar or bat mitzvah.
This fund is the ideal tool to enable our next generation’s charitable giving, because a Young Philanthropist Fund allows the young recipient to choose charities and recommend distributions to causes they care about. Also, as the value of the account grows over time, it provides a useful resource for lifelong giving.
Distributions can be made at any time to any charity, and the establishing gift, plus all future contributions to the fund, grow tax-free for years to come.
Benefits of a Young Philanthropist Fund:
- It’s an ideal way to introduce young people to giving.
- The young recipient of the fund learns about investment, cash management and giving, while also taking an active role in choosing causes to support.
- The fund can be created with a small initial contribution.
- The Foundation only requires an initial gift of $1,000 to open a Young Philanthropist Fund.
- There are no minimum required additional contributions to the fund.
- Grants to charities are easy to recommend and can be distributed at amounts as low as $36.
- There are no administrative fees.